Friday 4 April 2014

Evaluation question 1


1.In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (i.e. of music magazines)


Through researching different magazines within my genre, I found the most used conventions and how magazines use them to grab the reader’s attention. The most used layouts are the “E” and the “F” layouts. I particularly like the E layout because I could fit a lot of information and make the magazine look busy. I found it difficult to match the models clothing to the colour scheme as I took the photos before actually making the magazine. It was also difficult to choose a final cover photo, and which photos to use throughout. When researching I particularly looked at magazines with the same genre and style that I am aiming for; Kerrang and NME. I liked the way how both magazines look busy and displayed a lot of information on the front cover. Researching magazines that were a similar genre was very important when creating my magazine because I could relate my magazine to Kerrang or NME.


No comments:

Post a Comment